I really never know what to write until something hits my brain in a way that says, "you need to talk about this, if only to work through it for yourself." On occasion, I actually listen to myself, and if someone else can relate (just one someone is all it takes) then I feel the effort was valuable. My two worlds often collide: my scientific/researcher persona and my creative/writing persona. I would explain it in terms of the Marvel and DC universes, but if you know me in real life, you know I really despise all movies DC. So, I would hate to attribute any part of myself to a metaphor that I do not like. World 1. My brain loves to digest and process all things math and science. From a very young age, I got along with it all with the exception of biology (and really only when we had to start dissecting stuff *shudder). Chemistry, Physics, all Mathematics. Love, love, love. Nailed A's in every class I took. Even back in the day when we did "times tables", you kno...
the night flew by without notice conversation engaging as the barriers disintegrated leaving each other open and vulnerable to chase whimsical transgressions into the dark horizon over five-minute hours as dawn faraway broke gently into their soul-baring revelry
One major adventure that poses a challenge during this time of year: the ice and snow covered sidewalk. How best to navigate the landscape, stay upright, and reach the destination safely. I generally fail at one, two, or three of those options and end up staring at the sky wondering how I got there. I have bought a pair of the Yaktrax for my shoes before, and I have also considered buying a pair of weather walking sticks (they look an awful lot like ski poles) just to be on the safe side. All of this makes me wonder... If anyone is reading this, do you have a particularly successful method for preserving your butt during this season? If you have something that is your go-to and works, leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you. It's funny that on the opposite side of that coin, I love to go sledding and throw all caution to the wind and look for the iciest, steepest section of the sledding hill. "If he dies, he dies," to quote Rocky IV.
Comments
Post a Comment